Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Midweek Update - Because I Can't Do Anything Right

So, first, thanks to you all for your questions. The exciting news is that I'm going to be doing a twice-monthly general advice column for FunnynotSlutty [shhhhh . . . let's just pull the curtain on those college years, shall we?] which is fucking awesome, because who doesn't want to be part of a group of women who enjoy the funny? Also, I get to continue to tell people what to do, which is something I love more than artery clogging soup. And since it's a general advice column, I'm pretty sure anything goes. Let's push those boundaries, right?

Second, the girl is back for a few days for October break, which I guess is a thing.  We'll be taking her back to school for parents' weekend, which goes until Monday, because evidently every day is a weekend for rich people. 

I'm more than a little excited to see the girl.  While I am, for the most part, a woman who balks at sensitivity [unless it's my senses being intruded upon] and emotions and human relationships [so messy, and so many feelings!] I love my girl.  She's amazing and really makes me happy.  Even when she's being a total idiot teenager and I want to choke her until the sass shoots out of her eyeballs.

Also, I finally bought a velvet jacket.  Because I am secretly a Vegas lounge singer.  This is something that's super important, not only because it is fucking gorgeous, but because it represents a huge step forward in my ability to do things for myself.  I've wanted a velvet jacket for a while - I had one years ago and looked super cool and if I can no longer recapture my youth by staying out all night drinking and having random sex, the least I can do is dress like a bad ass. 

Every year for the past umpteen years, I keep wanting a velvet jacket, and every year I hem and haw because they're so expensive and then I dick around and don't get one and then lament how I don't have a velvet jacket and how much cooler would everything I own look with a velvet jacket? SO MUCH COOLER.  Over the weekend, I finally bought one, paying FULL PRICE [which is something that chafes at me in all circumstances] because I knew if I waited I would never find one that fit so perfectly and then 2 days later I get an email coupon for 25% off my next purchase.  The lovely people at Talbots [I'm old, where do you think I'd get a velvet jacket? Hot Topic?] actually let me use the coupon on the jacket, so I was feeling pretty good about getting a substantial discount.  So good that I ended up spending my substantial savings on a shirt.  Because I am a fool when it comes to money.  A fool who would make Suze Orman cry.

The really bitter thing is that after two weeks of shitty, cold weather, the day after I get my fabulous velvet jacket it's started a stretch of 70 plus weather.  I just pet my jacket and wait for a cold front.

What do you do to make yourself feel better? Besides abuse other people's prescription meds?

10 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!! Hot Topic!!!
    Congrats on FunnynotSlutty!!! Yay!
    Now I want a velvet jacket! What color did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go out and blow 40 bucks at Wal of Evil. Like clockwork. Sad, pathetic, clockwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny not slutty?

    Well, of course, because you're funny and..

    never mind, you've turned over a new leaf.

    SO HAPPY YOUR GIRL IS HOME.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well first I abuse my own prescription meds....and then I go borrow the neighbors.

    I'm glad your girl is back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The girl is home!
    You are rocking a velvet jacket!
    You're funny not slutty....bur you were slutty..like me..and I so love you for that!

    Can you give me some advice how to be slutty and married and NOT divorced? I'll let you think on that for a while.

    Love u xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the Funny Not Slutty gig! That's fabulous! I know what a big deal it is because I have been told over and over by SOMEONE over there that I am NOT, I repeat NOT funny. Lucky for me I AM deluded so it hasn't really fazed me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the days when slutty was funny. In those days I wore a velvet jacket. For reals. Now you've put a bee in my bonnet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Velvet jacket? Really?

    Can you wear it with flip flops and a ponytail?

    Oh wait. I cut off my hair. So no ponytail for me anymore.

    Awesome. Can I borrow your jacket?

    p.s. HOORAY for the girl being home. Really really really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah and HOLY SHIT FunnynotSlutty!!!

    Dude.

    I thought the velvet jacket was cool...

    But this news just tore a hole in the universe.
    Or something.

    Plus, pets and feces? I live in denial.
    And probably feces.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.