The alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, because we are responsible adults and one of us (not me) had to go to work. I somehow managed to drop the iHome remote and then went to the bathroom and left Mr. Working Man to deal with the REALLY LOUD AC/DC music (don't judge).
And then we went back to bed for a few minutes and woke up at 8:00 to find out that the power was out.
So, I thought, no big. I'll bake chicken . . . nope. I'll vacuum . . . not even. I'll iron and watch a movie . . . uh, no. I'll hit the treadmill . . . in my dreams.
So I packed up all the laundry and my laptop and went to my parents' house - because evidently gentle rain doesn't take out their power lines.
And then I tried to hit the rec center to go swimming - driving in a torrential downpour only to find that the rec center had lost power and the pool was closed. And I had no tennis shoes to hit the track or the treadmills (which were running off a generator - I call foul. The generator should be for the pool, which I use. Because I drove there in a torrential downpour. I DESERVED TO WORK OUT.). Instead, I went back out in the rain and drove to my parents and chatted with my dad while he altered some suits for me and I did laundry. Good times.
And then I got a phone call from my mother-in-law, from an urgent care over 1,000 miles away, telling me that The Kid had been bitten by a spider and they needed my permission to treat her.
It turns out that she WASN'T bitten by a spider, but instead by a mosquito and the bite had gotten infected.
This is the THIRD time this has happened this summer. So fuck mosquitoes.