Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday. It's Better Than Nothing.

I went swimming this morning (I love swimming indoors when it's 28 degrees. God bless civilization.) and it was fun, except for the very young kid (I'd say 5/6 - 10 years old) swim meet and the SHRIEKING girls in the shower who would NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP. Gah. Stupid kids.

While I was out, I stopped at the market and bought myself some things I like to eat. This sounds innocuous, yes? Not really. I tend not to purchase things I enjoy. Or ask for them. Very sad, but true. So, after E spoke firmly last night reminding me of this defect in my personality ("Why the fuck won't you just tell me what you want and then have it?"), I thought, you know what? WHY DON'T I? (I know the reasons I don't. Or didn't.) So I've decided to get stuff I like. It was VERY HARD, though. I found myself justifying the purchase of a wedge of parmesan ($5) because I'm going to make lasagna for E's birthday and not just use it on my salads (mmmm . . . shaved parmesan). Still, I didn't buy anything specifically for E or the girl. That's progress. And next time I go to Target? I'm buying baked Doritos.

I just finished a 5 hour study session with a friend. I like studying with other people, because then I'm not always to blame for taking breaks!

Back to the grind.

2 comments:

  1. You totally deserve shaved parmesan. Stop telling yourself you don't.

    End of lecture.

    I was always way too anti-social to study with other people. That and the whole "waiting till the last minute so that I have to cram like a madwoman 24/7" thing.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!!! You NEED shaved parmesan!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.