Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meditation

So I've been doing yoga every morning for the past few months (except for those days when I was sick, where I decided laying around moaning would be better for me all around) and I'm still not quite down with the whole meditation/relaxation part. I'm getting better, and I do feel better after I do the yoga, but it's hard for me not to start thinking of my to do list while I'm supposed to be clearing my brain.

Years ago, I lived in Santa Fe and was attempting some sort of relaxation/yoga/meditation thing (if at first you don't succeed, you know). One of the things I was supposed to do was focus my inner eye (I know, right?) on a flaming purple rose. I've never hit that point, but I'm still trying. What I usually get is brief flashes of each image, something like this:

Flaming





Purple




Rose




Or sometimes Rose

1 comment:

  1. Bwah-ha-ha.

    And, really, why would you set a rose (or a Rose) on fire? How are you supposed to focus on that without also focusing your inner eye on a little fire extinguisher?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.