Thursday, December 4, 2008

Brrr

It's ridiculously cold here today, and will be for the next few days. I took G to the bus today - she's been getting a ride since she dislocated her knee, but the Dr. said she could take the bus again, and OMG, was she thrilled - and just slipped on some shoes without putting on socks. 20 degree weather is not the kind of weather to be sockless. Not pleasant.

I'm not usually one who is cold. I tend to sleep with the window open in the bedroom, at least a crack, through November. But today I could not get warm. I even ended up putting a heating pad on my legs and back while I took a study break (to read. Because the best way to take a break from reading law is reading. Jesus, I'm lame.). I couldn't seem to get warm today, until I heated up the house by making dinner (tenderloin/fingerling potatoes/brussell sprouts - YUM) and got really hot. I'm not looking forward to menopause - I'm already having insane issues with body temperature. That does not bode well.

I don't know why, but I volunteered to do a presentation in G's class and another class tomorrow. That's two instances of volunteering in one week. I'm an idiot.

1 comment:

  1. No, it's genius. You are consolidating your volunteering so that you don't have to do it again until well after the holidays. Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.