Saturday, April 17, 2010

Boring Blog Post Ahead.

I came up with an amazing blog post last night/this morning while I was half-asleep.

I cannot remember a bit of it, so here's this boring one:

Our dishwasher racks had rusted about 5 years ago.  The cost to replace them was about $200 per rack + shipping [another $30].  So, being wasteful Americans, we got a new dishwasher.

I miss my old dishwasher. 

I could stuff that fucker FULL of dishes, glasses, plastic containers, pots, pans, silverware, the cats, you name it.  And, excepting for the rust spots from the racks, they came out clean in a short time.  It was so satisfying.  Like solving a Rubik's Cube or one of those Tangram puzzles.

This dishwasher?  I hadn't quiet gotten the hang of stuffing it yet, which really bugged me.  It is adequate for a simple day's worth of dishes for 3 people [small breakfasts for 2, lunch containers, dinner prep, if it's nothing fancy].  But anything more than a 2 pot meal and we are in trouble.  This isn't good for a house where, say, one person is a vegetarian, one person loves pork chops, and the other has no interest in going to hell by eating said pork chops [My god DOES look the other way re: bacon and pepperoni.  My god is a gourmand.].  When that happens, there are going to be excess dishes.  And I didn't want to do any dishes by hand like Cinderella.  And E and the girl complain and complain and complain if there are too many dishes.  It's like a chain gang assignment for them.

Today, though, I could not be more proud of myself.  I crammed that fucker FULL of dishes, etc.  FULL, I tell you.  Full and ORGANIZED.  Plates and bowls and glasses stacked neatly and in pretty rows.  Pots and pans and plastic containers all lined up like good soldiers.  Even the bacon baking pan fit!

It's my shining moment in the kitchen.

[You can wake up now.  Don't say I didn't warn you in the title.  Also, you have a little drool.  Right there.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.