Monday, March 7, 2011

Because it worked so well last time.

Evidently my inability to clearly articulate a recipe did not stop you from enjoying the granola bar recipe I posted.  In that same vein, and because I am making it right now [right now being this evening, while I'm writing this post [hooray for multi-tasking!], I pass along to you my super simple pasta recipe.

Easiest Pasta You'll Ever Make.  Really.

1 lb pasta [Any kind you want.  Spaghetti, angel hair, rigatoni, those cute bow-tie shaped ones.  Whatever you want.  Really.  I'm easy.]
Some Olive oil
Red Onion, sliced thin
Broccoli, chopped [A bag of frozen or a head of fresh or whatever you have.  I use the Costco bags of frozen organic broccoli, because they are SO EASY to use.  No chopping!  Just rip open the bag! Like Cheetos, but far less orange.]
Red Pepper, sliced
Kosher Salt
Black Pepper
Garlic Powder [Or you can chop up some garlic if you've got the time and inclination.  Don't judge me.]
Oregano/basil, whatever spice you like
Parmesan/Asiago/Mozzerella [I use a mix, because I am a cheese whore who loves her cheese.  You use whatever you like.  It's fine.]

Boil pasta.
While pasta is boiling, slice onion, broccoli, red pepper, garlic [if you're too good for the shaker, you pretentious bastard, you] and sautee in a bit of olive oil.  Season to taste.
Drain pasta and put it back into the pot.
Dump the vegetables into the pasta [that sounds gross, and it probably won't look so amazing as it's flopping from the pan to the pot, but trust me, dump is the correct word and dump is what you'll do.] and stir.
Add a bit of olive oil if it's too sticky and adjust seasonings to taste.
Toss with whatever cheese you like and serve.

IT IS SO DELICIOUS.  And it makes enough for 3 people for dinner plus lunches for the next day.  ECONOMIZING IS AWESOME.  SO ARE LEFTOVERS.

You're welcome.

******************

Want a recipe for fun [please kill me for punning]? Check out this month's RAW PHOTOS CONTEST!! The theme is What Makes You Laugh and I know you've got some good photos there, people.  If you haven't entered before, what are you waiting for?  COME ON! ENTER! It'll be a blast.

8 comments:

  1. Want to make this now even though it's only 7:30 AM. But I'm that lazy.

    And that hungry.

    Basically always.

    Thanks.

    (plus, I was a public school teacher for 16 years so your Friday post? Love. You. Don't be scared though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I specifically use pasta dish leftovers for lunches for me. Strategy with meals pays off in spades!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds yummy! I could make some just for me, as husband will not eat broccoli.
    I don't know what's wrong with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good god, that looks amazing. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything tastes great with pasta. Especially dairy. And bacon. Pasta and bacon is sort of like Peanut butter and chocoate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so dang hungry.

    Thanks, woman, I'm trying to lose 10 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds so good! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feck me - this sounds yummy and I'm on a cleanse so basically I'm allowed to eat the red pepper and broccoli part of this recipe. Now I just wanna punch someone.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.