Thursday, August 2, 2007

Better Late Than Never

So I watched Jesus Camp today.

There were so many things that were so disturbing that I don't even know where to start:

* The whole having kids lay down their lives for Jesus?
* The very scary pledges of allegiance (and the Israeli flag?)?
* Exhorting small children to repent their hypocrisy for not acting in school like they do in church?
* The creepy homeschooling thing?
* The little girl who was witnessing at the bowling alley?
* Harry Potter is evil and would be stoned in the bible?
* The knowledge that THIS STUFF ACTUALLY HAPPENED?

I think the thing that bugged me the most, thought, was the whole speaking in tongues. I learned in Linguistics that speaking in tongues is supposed to be speaking with intonations that do not exist in any other language. The stuff they were doing - not speaking in tongues, just yammering.

You know, whatever. If you feel the need to be that fervent in your religions, by all means, do so. But do not indoctrinate. And do not rest smugly in your knowledge that only YOU know the truth.

Ugh. I need to cleanse my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.