Thursday, August 16, 2007

Like A Fucking Leper

So I've spent all summer applying for jobs, begging old bosses to hire me (who couldn't afford to, because their business has been so slow), ending up with no job and mounting debts and feeling completely useless and despised and getting that sick feeling in my stomach about how we're going to end up living in a van down by the river (and not in a funny Chris Farley way, and not even in a Jewel-type way, more like a scary way - which, yeah, COULD be a Jewel-type way, but you know what I mean) and today, TODAY, I get 2 phone calls for interviews.

Except one won't work, because the only times they need me to work (teaching an intro to composition class) is during the day, when I'm in school or at my internship.

So I'm banking on the other one, hoping I'll get some part time work.

And also kind of hoping that someone teaching night courses can't do it. Not that I wish ill on anyone. No. Not at all. Hear that, Karma?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.