Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Could Not Be More Thrilled

Finally. Finally! The reign of (t)error is over.

I'm so excited! I'll be traveling today and tomorrow [to Chicago and back-quick trip for a job possibility], so my access to computer/tv is going to be sporadic at best. We've DVRd the inauguration and events on CSPAN, and I can't wait to watch it.

I've spent the morning getting ready to go and watching glimpses of tv and I've been tearing up non-stop. I am not a person who cries easily. I tend to keep my emotions [except anger] pretty close to the vest. Today, I have been on the edge of tears just seeing all those people crowding the Mall at 6:30 in the morning. And hearing about how the Metro was full at 1:45am with people traveling to this wonderful event. And watching the local news showing people boarding the buses last night to take them to DC.

And knowing that, even though things will be way shitty for a while, there is hope for a better future. I can breath easier knowing that there are people in charge who give a shit about something beyong their own self-interest.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you. I watched the Inauguration speech at Walgreens, while shopping for face cream! Everyone gathered around their main TV and cheered him on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so AWESOME!!! I love that people are so excited and proud of this president!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.