Sunday, May 2, 2010

Things I like. And Do Not Like.

I am not a fan of the whole manicure/pedicure thing.

I love having painted nails, but I prefer to do them myself.  I have yet to have a mani/pedi and not think:  Huh.  I could have done that better myself.

Also, nails salons are sooooo smelly.  I cannot tolerate that chemical smell.  Even at a spa, the stench of the remover seems so much stronger than at home, where I work in a hazmat suit and in a well ventilated area.

Also, if someone's going to spend that much time touching parts of my body, there had better be more of an end result than OPI Plugged-in Plum [although have you seen the OPI Alice in Wonderland colors?  GLITTER IN A BOTTLE!].









Also, I'd rather spend money for people touching me on a massage.  No. Not that kind of a massage.

Also, when my cousin was studying to get her license to do nails [wow, like 20 years ago] I was her guinea pig, and that really took all the delight out of having my nails done.

So I do them myself, usually once a week.  It's my down time.

I had an argument in college with a guy who could not comprehend that I was a feminist because I painted my nails and wore makeup.  Also that I painted my nails, wore makeup but didn't shave my legs or armpits.  He could not understand how I could pick and choose - if I was going to wear lipstick, I should shave my legs.  It only stood to reason.  Right?

Um.  No.  I LIKE wearing lipstick and doing my nails.  I do NOT like shaving my legs.  Poor guy, couldn't understand the concept of CHOICE.

Obviously, we never dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.