Today I'm going to pretend. It worked when I was a kid, it should work now:
I'm going to pretend:
* That there is a whole other month left AFTER August before school starts for the girl. It's called Augmember, and it's not porno sounding at all - it's an excuse to kick back and enjoy several more weeks of good weather.
* That I actually enjoy filtering through the giant piles of debris on my desk. It may actually be true! Who's to say?
* That plain oatmeal with raisins tastes EXACTLY like oatmeal raisin cookies.
* That no news IS actually good news.
* That the most exciting things to come in my life are ahead of me.
* That Jesse from Burn Notice will be killed off in the next episode. It could happen.
* That this bronchitis will magically disappear today. TODAY!
* That duct tape on the corner of my dining room window screen is a political statement, and not a means to keep bugs from flying in my house.
* That my giant brown leather bag is my summer bag.
* That something fantastic will come in the mail today.
* That the cats will stop shedding.
* That things will work out for the best.
What are you pretending today?