Sunday, September 12, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving??

So today I ended up making what turned out to be Thanksgiving dinner.  Roasted a turkey, made mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, broccoli and the girl made an apple walnut cranberry tart. 

Why?

Because this past week was the end of Ramazan, and my mom wanted us to all have dinner, but she and my dad had a lot going on [moving stuff out of their old house because they found people to rent it] so she asked me if I could make a dinner.  I said sure.  And, after some discussion, it ended up being Thanksgiving.

Which I guess, in a way, it was.  Thanks for the end of fasting! Time to eat!

So, I'm a little screwy on fall holidays and hallmarks, but the thing I know for SURE is that it's time for you to show your talent in this month's Raw Photos Contest.

Just take/submit up to 2 photos with the theme Back To School any time this week.  I can't wait to see what you have in store!

And now I'm tired, because making Thanksgiving is hard fucking work, even in September.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, we had amazing deep-dish pizza that himself made from scratch...

    ...and now I want turkey and stuffing.

    Mean. That's what you are. A big meanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for the pizza now, but oh, my god, that turkey smelled so good.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.