I hope you've all been enjoying your holiday festivities. I've been alternating between frenzied craziness and bone-crushing exhaustion causing me to fall asleep on the couch at ridiculously early hours and wake up not so refreshed with a cat on my lap and drool on my book.
Here's a quick snapshot:
- I managed to make a ham. This may not seem like such a big deal, but I made this ham even though I was raised Muslim and don't eat ham and actually find it pretty disgusting and I didn't, in fact, taste the ham or ham gravy [because OF COURSE there was gravy - I would drink gravy if I wouldn't get so many disapproving glances] for seasonings, and it was hailed as a masterpiece of hamminess. A ham Sistine Chapel.
- I bought myself 3 new sweaters while gift shopping and my sister actually wrapped one for me as a gift from me to me. I was excited, even though I may return one of the new sweaters because it lost a shiny rhinestone button the first time I washed it, and that is unacceptable.
- I have eaten my body weight in snack foods and dessert-type items. It does not help that XMAS and PMS have coincided this year. Nice planning, bitches.
- Our holiday party was fun and my hair looked FUCKING FANTASTIC. Full details in a later post.
- I had a dream about urine mints.
- I'm trying to listen to The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, but sweet merciful jesus, that reader sucks ass.
- I'm planning on heading back to the gym soon. Is it wrong to exercise for 5 minutes and then maybe just sitting on the exercise bike and reading for another 25 minutes? And if so, how wrong exactly?