If I seem standoffish or uninterested it's not that I'm stuck up or a bitch. I mean, I probably am, but not right at this moment. Instead, if I seem like I don't care about you or what you're saying, it's because:
1. My ears hurt [I have horrible, nearly ongoing ear infections].
2. I'm starving.
3. I have to poop.
I would love to INSERT ACTIVITY HERE or I would love to discuss INSERT TOPIC HERE, but it's just not possible at this time because I have to:
1. Put drops in my ears and lay down.
2. Eat something.
3. Go poop.
My God, how much easier would my life be if I could just SAY those things to you, instead of half-listening to whatever you're spouting because all I can think is:
1. My ears feel like bamboo skewers are being plunged into them.
2. I think my stomach is eating itself. Is that bile I'm tasting?
3. I'm going to poop my pants.
I think honesty in discourse is a good thing. I do not, however, think that the world is ready to hear what I'm going to say.
But how awesome would it be if that were true?
What are you thinking?