Thursday, March 21, 2013

It's mucus, with extra mucus.

Happy Spring! Happy Flu Season!

We're all down with the flu - it hit us like dominoes. First the girl, who the husband had to go pick up early from school.  Her break started last Friday, but he went to get her last Tuesday, because they said, "Yeah, she'll basically be quarantined until break. You should come get her." And then I got sick. And now the husband is sick.

Yesterday, the cat sneezed in my face as I walked past her perch. If I get Cat Flu, I'm going to bust heads.

I hope you're all doing well.  I miss your sweet, saucy faces.  It's like illness is trying to break me.

Plus, it's nineteen goddamn degrees here right now. NINE. TEEN. SPRING, WTF?

In other, really big deal news, Leslie from The Bearded Iris and I are going to be hosting a Room of Your Own Roundtable about Blogging and Anonymity at BlogHer 13.  YES WE ARE.  I'll give you more details as we get closer, but there has been discussion of matching outfits, masks, and, of course, choreography.

Are you coming? WHY NOT?

Let's all crawl into bed and watch Veronica Mars DVDs until we feel better and the weather stops being such a bag of dicks. [A friend of mine kicked in $$ on Kickstarter for the Veronica Mars movie. I will be making out with her in gratitude.]

/incoherence

PS I know I've been at the forefront of wanting to cut people re: comment moderation, but I'm fucking tired of getting, honest to god, 40-60 spam comment emails/day.  I get it if you don't want to comment. I don't blame you.  You can Tweet me instead.  XO

10 comments:

  1. Eh. I don't care so much about the verification. Irks me, but if I want to comment, I'll do it on your terms. I'll also feel you up if you tell me how you like it. I am so fucking accommodating. Why don't you get a widget that blocks the spam?

    Also, I'm not sick, but I have a nasty I smoke 4 packs a day cough that won't go away (I call it The Consumption). And I have my BlogHer ticket! NO idea how I'm getting there but I'll figure it out somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your titles slay me.

    I swear.

    Well, that and spring being a big bag of dicks.

    I do adore you.
    With or without comment moderation.

    That should be a U2 song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the fuck. Most every decent blogger I read is either sick or depressed. Get well soon.
    L. Hewitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I'm tempted, even more, to figure out how to get to BlogHer '13. I need to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you don't consider me spam :(
    Always good to read your blog. And like the 5th time coming back to the blog thing myself. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling your pain and I cough, hack and blow my nose through this post. Not flu here, just the crud. The crud I never get. Ack.

    It will pass eventually. Then my boss can stop running every time he sees me coming. Although I am saving one last cough for him.

    Be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better!

    Congrats on BlogHer13!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oy. Hubs and I had the flu in January. On and off since then, it's been a never-ending mucus parade. Kinda like when you were a kid and the merry-go-round ride was never long enough, but when you're forced to ride it as an adult, it feels like it is NEVER. GOING. TO. STOP. Like that.

    Yay for your [undercover] gig at BlogHer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better. And stay away from the cat, they're vile little petri dishes of disease.

    Congrats on BlogHer!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.