Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Deliciousness

I'm back. With tasty treats!

I've been craving a delicious treat, so I decided to make my friend's cream cheese pound cake, because it has all the deliciousness you could ask for:  cream cheese, cake, yumminess. Also, this freezes and travels well, in case you need to take it to your in-laws for Easter. I'd make two, in case you need to pregame and eat some on the way. I am not one to judge.

My Awesome Friend's Delicious Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
3 cup sugar
6 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt

Not pictured: Vanilla, who was having a bad hair day.
Directions!
Preheat oven to 325.
Lightly butter pan.

Combine butter and cream cheese, beat on medium until smooth. Add sugar. Beat on high speed until light and airy, about five minutes. Add eggs one at a time. scraping bowl.

Add vanilla, then all the flour and salt at once. Beat until just incorporated.

Whir whir whir.
Scrape into loaf pan. [OR, you can divide the batter into two 8" square baking pans. That way you can eat one yourself and still look like you cared enough to make a homemade dessert for your friends and family.]
NOM NOM NOM.

Cook one hour and fifteen, at least. 

Cool 30. 

Pound cake in all its glory. It was fucking delicious.

You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top, but it doesn't need it. At all.

2 comments:

  1. how do you feel about making it in a kitchen in Bethlehem, PA if I promise witty banter, fruity adult drinks and swearing, banter and clean forks? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could hide from your inlaws at Kir's. I think that sounds swesome!

      Delete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.