Thursday, October 4, 2007

Thursday

Last night was Open House at my daughter's school. Whoo. I forget, year to year how: Hot it is; How crowded it is; How much fun it is to see the parents I don't see very often.

So, it was all those things, and very different from Open House when I was a kid - where you went in and the teacher talked to you about your kid. This is a big spectacle, where there is a theme (Travel Around the World) and each class is responsible for creating activities and artifacts for each country (Stonehenge! The Leaning Tower of Pisa/Pizza Boxes! A kid dressed as a leprauchan!). I love the inventiveness these kids have, and how the teachers get into it, too. The office staff was India, and the secretaries wore saris.

So that was last night. And now, tonight, I've got a metric ass ton of homework (and housework) to do, and can't seem to get myself in gear.

I need a motivational speaker for my life.

2 comments:

  1. Last night was Parents Night at my kid's school. Parent attendance does seem to drop off in high school. But I had fun, too. What a nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't want to think about how the attendance will drop off. The kids always have such a good time at Open House.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.