Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Happy Christmas/Hannukah/Agnostic Day.

So far, things have been pretty nice. G and I hit the mall early-ish this morning (about 9:30) and it was dead. I went to Macy's to get E a weatherproof coat, and ended up spending $120 on a Columbia coat, which I feel like I got hosed on and is still bothering me. All those deals? Why not on stuff I need? Fuckers.

Still, we got almost everything we needed - I wanted to pick up something for a friend of mine, something inexpensive but cute for a world traveler. Any ideas?

Then we went swimming at the rec center. That was a lot of fun, and god, how I needed it. I love swimming. Of course, I forgot my flipflops and felt like I was getting gross germs all over my feet in the locker room. So I had to wash my feet again when I got home.

Now, I'm sitting here, looking up recipes for Bordelaise sauce, preparing for the festivities tomorrow. My in-laws are due in late tonight. Tomorrow, my parents, sister, in-laws, aunt and 3 cousins will be over for a late lunch. Here's the menu:

Grilled tenderloin (yes, there is still a ton of snow on the ground and it's still cold, but if E wants to grill, I will not say no)
Corn
Mashed potatoes
Brussell Sprouts
Creamed Spinach
Rolls
Chocolate Cheesecake
Golden Cupcakes filled with chocolate (G is making these)

Yum. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.