This is a pretty big deal since:
- I haven't dyed my hair in almost 20 years.
- I have 2 boxes of that washout hair color in my house that I've been afraid to use because of my crazy anxiety about having allergic reactions to stuff like . . . water . . . or babies.
- I managed to make it through the ENTIRETY of my appointment with nary a freak out. That didn't happen until I was almost home, at which point I called my husband and got his voicemail and told him I was freaking out and probably going to die, but I'd pick up the girl at my parents and meet him at home for dinner.
- Then I made a bunch of other calls to friends/relatives and NO ONE answered, which was NOT helpful.
- And also made me feel like I was invisible.
- Except for the noxious hair color fumes still sticking to me.
- But I've managed to sit here for another 5 hours and not die from hair dye.
But I did it! I faced my fear and dyed my hair.
Next time, I'm getting red highlights.