- Failing at taking a photo every day. I know I said I'd do it, and I did do it. For the first day. And then I forgot on the second day. And then I berated myself when I remembered on the third day and made myself take a lame picture of my cat just so I could check that off my list. And now I'm trying very, very hard to take photos as often as possible and not just let my camera or camera phone sit unused. It's a process, people.
- Slowly trying to keep up with commenting on the comments. I'm trying to make sure I comment on everyone's comments, but I'm sure I've missed a few. I do really appreciate all your comments, I really do. I love the fact that people read what I'm writing and they think about it and then are moved to react. It means a lot. Thank you.
- Saying really nasty things about an ugly child. There's no good way to spin that, so I won't. But, as a mitigating circumstance, said child's mother is a bitch.
- Missing reading blogs. I swear, this work and commute are kicking my ass, and are cutting in to my free time. I miss reading and commenting on my favorite blogs. I really do. I did, however, finally realize that I can check my google reader on my phone [please, I'm technologically inept] so I've been reading a bit during breaks, but have not been quick enough to also comment. Rest assured, I miss you all.
- Secret Society of List Addicts. Great news! I'm the official new Tuesday poster at Secret Society of List Addicts. I was very flattered to have been asked, and jumped at the chance to spout off in list form. Check out today's post - it's all about lying to yourself. Or me lying to myself. For all I know, you may be completely honest with yourself all the time. Kudos to you.
- Getting a jury summons. Oh, yeah. I'm excited, but it's downtown and I'm still panicky about driving, so that removes a lot of pleasure. Plus, I got the summons on the same day that I had to take my car into the shop because the steering wheel's power steering was failing. AWESOME!
- Got aggravated by excessive exclamation points. I'm the PTA president and I wanted to send out an email reminding people to come to the meeting, and the new secretary took my nice, precisely worded email and added! Exclamation points! at the end of sentences! So I look like a chirpy idiot.
- Searching for the perfect lipstick. I'm still looking. I thought I had a good one in Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey, but of course, it didn't work out. Despite how dark it looks, it came out kind of pink on my lips. Back to the drawing board.