Monday, December 13, 2010

Things I've Been Thinking About Lately

I think:
  • Florence + The Machine's Kiss with a Fist  and James' Laid are the same song, told from different perspectives [YouTube Links]
  • Short nails are cuter than long nails.  Especially with dark colors.  I am not just saying that because two of my nails broke.  Also, if your nail breaks, cut them all.  That one, lonely short nail makes the rest look like they're trying too hard.
  • The neighbor who plowed our part of the sidewalk deserves a gold medal AND a hooker.  Or I'll bake some cookies.
  • A minimalist holiday look is all the rage.
  • I will never, ever feel comfortable using a laptop on my lap. Or a pillow.  Or anywhere that isn't actually a desk.  But I like the portability.
  • There is absolutely no reason a candle should cost that much money.  I'm looking at you, Yankee Candle.  And you, Pottery Barn.
$24? Seriously? For WAX?
  • My thoughts have been very scattered lately.  I [obviously] am concerned about early onset Alzheimer's Disease and also a possible stroke.  Do you know how to tell if you've had a stroke? You should try and smile, say a sentence and raise your arms above your head.  If you can do those things, you have not had a stroke.  My cousin is also very concerned about his health [we ARE NOT hypochondriacs.  We are merely vigilant.] and I like to picture him doing those things every once in a while.  Particularly when I am doing those things.  This is my PSA for the day. You're welcome.
What have you been thinking about?  Go on.  Tell me.  I don't judge.  Much.

    3 comments:

    1. I totally agree with the Yankee Candle thing!

      Also, I think really long nails and really dark colors look kind of scary and Cruela DeVille-ish

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think that those bastards at Yankee Candle must hide gold in each candle because I too cannot understand why they charge so much money for something that smells like Strawberry Shortcake just took a shit in your bathroom. Also, if someone gives me a candle as a gift I know that inside they really hate me and want me to die a very slow death.

      ReplyDelete

    Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.