Sunday, July 24, 2011

Raw Photos Contest - It's PEOPLE! [Not to be confused with Soylent Green.]


The Raw Photos Contest is happening. RIGHT NOW.  You've been ready and waiting, haven't you? I KNOW IT.

This contest's theme: PEOPLE

This isn't solely portraits.  We want to see what your interpretation of PEOPLE is.  Silhouettes, crowds, stick figures - we're open, it's totally up to you.

A review of the rules, in case you're new or have forgotten:

1. You have to have taken the photo [duh, don't be a jerk and enter someone else's photo. NOT COOL.]
2. The photo has to be a raw photo. What does that mean? That means NO PHOTOSHOPPING. You can screw around all you want with exposure and white balance on your camera, and we'll even let you crop the photo, but that's it. No changing hues. No intensifying colors. No adding aliens or unicorns. RAW PHOTOS, baby. That's what we're looking for. (Both digital and digital scans of film are okay)
3. You have one week to enter a photo. You can enter up to two [2] photos per contest.

Once all the photos have been entered, we'll take a few days to look them over. When we decide who the winner is, that winner's photo will be posted on our blogs Crazy with a side of Awesome Sauce or The Suniverse, our Twitter feeds @andygirl or @TheSuniverse, and on Flickr. Plus, the winner gets an AWESOME BADGE to post on their blog, showing the world that they have mad photography skills.

And if you have any questions, just ask:
awesomecrazylady@gmail.com
thesueniverse@gmail.com

Submit here.
 
We are PEOPLE who need PEOPLE and are the luckiest PEOPLE in the world.  
 
Can't wait to see what you've got.

5 comments:

  1. Yay, fun! Can I send in something I took a while ago? (like 3 years ahem)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You can send in anything you've taken at any time, just so long as it's yours and you haven't photoshopped it. We're easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to pick my two faves from.the last two events I took pictures at. People pics are new for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my I can't wait to see these. I will not be participating since I'm lousy at the picture taking, but I will have FUN looking at them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating! This is totally following the raw foods trend, isn't it?

    I suck at photography but can't wait to see the finalists / winner!

    ps - the reason I don't comment under my google account is because Blogger wants me to register for a blog every time I do. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.