Friday, July 22, 2011

Week in Review - It's Raining, It's Pouring [It's Really Not - Unless It's Pouring Hellfire]

Oh, my darlings.

IT IS HOT.

Is that news? Probably not, but HOLY HELL, it's hot.

Also? I've got a temp job starting Monday PLUS I got a few freelance jobs in the past couple of days . . . so . . . I'm going to go down to posting two or three times a week for the next while.  If the spirit or creativity moves me? Then I'll post more, but I know I won't be able to get shit done AND post anything even remotely worthwhile unless I have time to decompress.  And also? I love that you love my writing, which makes me want to do more, which makes me want to FINISH WRITING ONE OF THESE GODDAMN NOVELS/MEMOIRS/COOKBOOKS on my laptop and sell the shit out of it so I can live a life of leisure and enjoy your company in my swimming pool filled with dubloons.

The plan is to start hosting a weekly GUEST POSTER THINGY, where on Tuesdays you can come here and vent or rant or just be awesome.  Maybe do a little dance?  It's all about choice. Because I love. Also, the husband has agreed to post on Thursdays.  Do NOT believe a word he says.

What else is happening?  I'm so glad you asked:

Some douchecanoe Republican representative in Florida [why is it always in Florida?] has sent out a screed against Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who is the DNC Chair.  Now, I get that politics is full of testiness and people disagree on stuff and things are said about each other's positions, but this guy's tantrum bugs me for this reason:
“You have proven repeatedly that you are not a Lady, therefore, shall not be afforded due respect from me!”
The hell? This is particularly one of those times where I believe Amy Poehler had it right when she said, "I don't fucking care if you like it."

Serbian officials [perhaps some of Lori's in-laws?] have arrested the last remaining war crimes fugitive from the clusterfuck that was the dissolution of the former Yugoslavia.  This guy will be transferred to The Hague and put on trial for his actions in the genocide of almost 300 men and the forced deportation of 20,000 people, among other choice acts.  He had lived openly in Serbia until 2004, when he was indicted by the UN.  He then went into hiding near his family home. How did no one check there?

I don't know why this hasn't happened yet. Oh, wait, I do. We are crazy prudes in this country who have no understanding of how having contraception covered by your insurance so that it's free would go a long way to saving money on SO MANY OTHER THINGS, not the least of which is the amount women are shelling out so they don't catch pregnant [because it's like a cold, right? I didn't have sex ed in high school.].  I know this is going to become a huge lightning rod, and that makes me angry and I am someone who DOESN'T EVEN USE CONTRACEPTION.  TMI? Yeah, probably.  But isn't that why you're here?

Evidently Rupert Murdoch is surprised and shocked that his newspapers in England would hack into private phone messages.  Hmmm . . . I'm not sure if I'm buying it. I mean, maybe at ONE paper, you'd think "Rogue Editor or Reporter" but at pretty much all of them?  And now there are facts coming out that his son, who also said he knew nothing about the phone hacking, actually DID know about it.  That doesn't look good.  I mean, if you're going to be a tool and do something illegal and disreputable, at least have the strength of conviction to go all the way and say, "Yes, I did it, suck on that."  I would have more respect.  I think that's why I like the mob.

And speaking of, in Bulgaria, it's PROJECT OCTOPUS! Evidently the mob is pretty much all over the place there, with crime boss Alexi "The Tractor" Petrov having been charged with all sorts of nefarious deeds.
The administration of Bulgaria’s prime minister, Boyko Borisov, a former business partner of Mr. Petrov, has singled out suspected crime lords in a campaign called “Operation Octopus.” In an interview, Mr. Petrov denied the charges against him while twirling a stick with a plastic octopus stuck to its top. He also said he was contemplating running for president.
I want to go to there.

What's new in your hood?

11 comments:

  1. I love the word nefarious.

    I also love the idea of the guest poster thinger and the husband posting. I promise not to believe anything he writes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd wager that the Murdoch debacle wouldn't be so shocking if it had happened in, say, Bulgaria. People'd be like, "yeah, the dude hacked into people's phones, so what? Did you see freaky dr. octopus over there?"

    Then, Dr. Octopus would beat you with his octopus cane and say, "no, motherfucka, he didn't." Then he'd beat the other guy too, just for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The politician who doesn't respect the other politician because she's NOT A LADY?

    He is probably an old coot who has been in politics for 60 years and needs to be elected out.

    Can I just tell you how sick I am of ALL politicians? Democrats or Republicans, I think they all lie and are only concerned with pursuing their agenda, which is getting re-elected time and time again. TERM LIMITS FOR EVERYONE I SCREAM...

    Yeah, sorry, I'm a little cranky this morning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd just like to say this: I love you but I am looking forward to Thursdays now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a lady either, so the Florida rep can just suck my dick.

    Yeah I did.

    As for the rest, it just makes my head hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What in the hell does being a lady have to do with anything? I don't get it. Guess what, that dude's repeatedly proven he's no gentleman. Maybe he's a lady. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I'm not a Lady and some brain-dead asshole doesn't respect me. He'd probably respect the war criminal as long as he was a gentleman. It's good that some people have their priorities so in order.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how come the nickname "the tractor" is turning me on and giving me a bit of a girl bone? Maybe the heat has finally driven me insane, or maybe I've had enough cocktails to LURV life again, or maybe I'm so excited because I was watching John Stewart last night, and saw that a-hole who implied that the woman who opposed his views was NOT a lady, or maybe I'm excited because I just had a total fantasy that I could be your VENT STAR.

    Aherm.

    Um, anyhoo, I hope your temp job is more than tolerable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your weekly wrap-ups. I don't even have to watch the news anymore. ;)

    I am so looking forward to seeing what happens on Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't use contraception either! We have so much in common. Practically the same person, we are. You're a lesbian who never has sex too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would totally enjoy your company in a swimming pool full of dubloons.

    Even IF you admitted you peed a little while we were in there.

    Yep.

    I'm pretty sure tequila kills urine and I'm assuming we'd be drinking margaritas or something good like that.

    So bring on the COOKBOOK (minus the pubic hair) and get rich quick, lady.

    I'm waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.