Friday, August 5, 2011

Week in Review - It's like that, and that's the way it is

Hola, bitches.

I'm enjoying my new job, but not the commute or the fact that there's nowhere to park. I like the idea of living in a town dedicated to walking and mass transit, but the reality of commuting there blows.

You know what else sucks when you have to walk to your car further than your garage? NATURE.  That's what.  All I see are ants running around and leafy greenery reaching out at me in a menacing fashion.  It's really annoying.  I like buildings.  And concrete.  I find their sterility soothing.

But that's not really news - I mean, you knew that about me anyway, right?  I'm lazy and hate nature.  Duh.

What is news?  Besides the fact that I am so loving all of you who have been guest posting for me, and all you others who are planning on posting for me? Well, this is news:


Hosni Mubarak is being tried for crimes against humanity.  Huh.  Good.  I am impressed that he showed up in Egypt for his trial, unlike most others who skeddaddle with all the country's loot. I'm less than impressed at his record of oppression.  Props to his Ronald Reagan dye job.

I am righteously pissed at Obama and all the dumb fucks who decided that it's a good idea to cut funding when it's so desperately needed, and also to hold a country hostage for . . . what? Pandering to racist loons?  Uterus up, you bastards, and do the right thing.

In China, where there are so many kinds of outrage for crimes against its people, there are new reports about Chinese officials seizing babies for adoption in the black market.  I just don't even have the words for this.  Here, Spain, I'm sure it goes on elsewhere.  How heartless do you have to be to do something like this? I mean, I'm pretty callous, but this is beyond disgusting.

And finally, some good news: New York's Mayor Bloomberg and that bane of right wing crazies everywhere George Soros are donating $30million each to a fund in New York City to reach out to the chronically disenfranchised minority populations.  The program will work to better the circumstances of over 300,000 young black and Latino men.  Good.

What's new with you?

[PS COUNTDOWN TO MY BIRTHDAY - YOU'VE GOT JUST OVER A WEEK, PEOPLE!!!]

5 comments:

  1. Just over a week?! Awe, shee-it. I don't think I can collect enough funds for what I had in store for you.

    Sorry.

    Give me more notice next year and we'll rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I. Hate. Commuting. Whether it's mass transit (which blows because there are too many people EVERYWHERE) or driving, it just sucks. It's time when we could be doing something else.

    I'm wondering why Mubarak is in a cage? It's like he's on trial at the Ministry of Magic for being a Death Eater (he kind of is one actually).

    I'm glad SOMEONE enjoys their birthday. I let mine pass without saying a word for several reasons. I'm anxiously awaiting to hear how you'll celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the perfect gift planned for you on your birthday. I'm going to let you beat me at Word With Friends!! I know I know, I've already given you that gift like a hundred times, but I'm a giver like that.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.