Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sometimes kittens are your only salvation. Cats can go fuck themselves, though.

The other day was so terrible I actually typed the following into my navigation bar:

Cute funny kitten videos

Because it was a bad day. Just stupid bad, where I was crying at my desk, and this was AFTER I had seen my therapist that morning and talked about how much progress I was making with my anxiety and panic.

So. Yeah. I watched a bunch of kittens frolicking like cute, adorable Prozac and I started to feel better. I may also have eaten an enormous piece of dark chocolate, but who hasn't spent a day eating their feelings? You do what you have to to get by.

That evening, when the husband got home from softball, we discussed our days and I told him how I had been just mired in crap and then watched cute kitten videos to feel better.

Husband: . . . You realize you have two cats that you don't want anywhere near you.

Me: I know. But they're grown cats and they shed and keep rubbing against me and wanting stuff, and that one shits all over the place. Video kittens are clean and I don't have to clean up their hairballs. Way better.

Husband: . . .

Me: Don't even try to understand. [Hold my phone out toward him.] But look at this one! Look how it's dancing!

Husband: . . .

Me: What?

__________

And in case you're having a bad day, here is my favorite cat video. I crack up every single time:




7 comments:

  1. You know how much I absolutely, fucking love you don't you?

    is it wrong that get to a happy place, I need a Law & Order Marathon and not kitten videos. Well maybe Barry Manilow videos..but Law & Order soothes faster ;)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between AWOL Nation being the tune and the fact that the kitty tried to fly - yup totally understand how this could be your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT, Sunny. Don't know which I liked better though. The post or the video. \O/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the first cat video I have ever enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at Awolnation. And the title of this post.

    Then I watched the video. Holy crap. Good stuff, lady.

    And the next time you're having a stupid bad day, let me know.
    I'll eat dark chocolate on the other end of the phone with you.

    XO

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.