Thursday, September 20, 2007

It's Must Read Thursday

**I've been going swimming some mornings when I'm not at work or school. It always amuses me because when I get there, at about 7:45 or so, it's me and old people. I'm the youngest by about 30 years. Seriously. And I love the old ladies who have on their make up and have their hair done and are wearing jewelry while they go walking in the leisure pool (I'm too lazy to go in the lap pool. Also, it's very cold.). My favorite thing about it, though, is that 80% of the people wear glasses. While in the pool. While SWIMMING. It's too awesome.

**The Kid says "That's so cheap" when she thinks something stinks or is dumb. Other generations' slang is so weird.

**I had to go to a symposium today. I hadn't been to one in a while. Man. I'd forgotten how lame they are.

**I have sooooo much homework to do, but I don't feel like doing anything. I need a . . . I was going to say disciplinarian, but that sounds so dirty.

**I found post-its on clearance at Target!!! I love post-its. I wonder if 3M is hiring.

**You know what's awesome? This book. An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England. I liked it quite a bit, even though the protagonist is something of a loser sad-sack, which is normally the one thing I cannot abide (Fuck off, Confederacy of Dunces dude. And you too, Jane Eyre.). Still, a really good read, and far more entertaining than International Law.

**O.k., I really need to go do homework. Or at least pretend to and lay on the couch and watch t.v.

2 comments:

  1. My kid and his friends went through a "that's cheap" phase a few years back. WTF? When I was your daughter's age, I already swore real swear words just like the mouthy tramp I am today.

    Do not get me started on Confederacy of Dunces, a book I hate with a consuming passion. One of my All Time Pet Peeves, that thing is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? He did "That's Cheap"? WTF For REAL.

    I'm surprised she hasn't been swearing at all. I've got a horrible mouth, and E was a sailor (yeah, it's true what they say).

    I'm so glad to hear you hate that book too. What a waste of my time.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.