Saturday, November 3, 2007

It's Time to Get Wild and Loose

I don't know where the time has gone. It seems like I plan things out with the understanding that there are enough hours in the day to do them all, and then suddenly I'll realize I forgot to factor things in like drive time or waiting for other people to call you back or going to the bathroom (which can really add up, when you have a wee bladder). The day just flies! I do get disheartened when I try to factor those things in, because really? 1 1/2 hours to grocery shop? Should that take, like 25 minutes max?

Anyway, I've got megatons of homework and the house is filthy and we're expecting people tomorrow and I just don't have the energy or inclination to do anything about any of it. So in about 2 hours I'll spazz and try to do it all at once and then yell at E and it'll be great.

OR

I could choose to live my life in a new and better fashion. I could choose to say, you know what? It doesn't matter that there is a layer of cat hair on the ottoman. It also doesn't matter that the bathroom is . . . bathroomy and not sparkly shiny.

I'm trying to get to that point but it is hard.

************

In other news - we're getting a furnace on Monday! God willing and the river don't rise! (That's my new saying. It's awesome, isn't it?) I CAN'T WAIT!

It hasn't been too cold, and our house is insanely well insulated, so the temperature hasn't gone below 64 in the house (which is where I usually have it at night, anyway) and I try to use the oven every day which really kicks up the heat, but I'm so TIRED of people (meaning my parents) acting like I'm exposing the Girl to hypothermia. For the love of god. We're in MI, not the arctic!

**********

We're evidently having the 2nd Annual UM-OSU party at our house this year. E's been collecting returnables for the past year, so we're going to get our grub on. Join us, if you're in the area!

1 comment:

  1. You know, if they're so worried about their granddaughter, they could offer to board her. Or, you know, buy you a heater.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.