Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oscars are for Suckers

The delightful Good Youngman Brown was kind enough to hit me up with an award which is mathematically superior to the Oscars, and I'm REALLY pleased to be able to SHOW IT OFF HERE:



I'm pretty sure this means I never have to eat lobster and also that I am much beloved by the Germans. Because they TOTALLY GET ME.

Have you visited Good Youngman Brown? I find him very enchanting, not only because I love the name [and consider myself SO SUPERIOR AND SMART for thinking about Nathaniel Hawthorn when I read it - which, I need to think about Nathaniel Hawthorn more often, because for an old guy, he had some great stories] but also because he writes some completely brilliant posts - I'm linking to this most recent one because it slays me.

I know I'm not the best at keeping up on awards or even doing  them right and I know that people tend to be kind of flip about these things - and from someone who is pretty flip about every goddamn thing, I get it.

But what I also know is that it is an amazing feeling to find that someone, somewhere finds your work interesting and entertaining enough to actually let people know about it.  And that? Is pretty fantastic.

And so, in the spirit of not doing things right and letting people know about awesome blogs, can you, in the comments, let me know of a blog you love? I can't wait to read them.

17 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'd be a kiss ass if I said you. My nose ain't that brown. In fact, it's actually a pasty shade of white. Anyhoo, I have too many blogs I like. If you visit my page and on the Dailies on the right hand side (scroll down a bit) you'll see my current faves. Yes, you are one of them lol

    Now I need to go check out this blog you are touting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's one for you: Rock the Kasbah http://rockthekasbahafrica.blogspot.com/ She's hilarious.

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And thanks for the kind words. I find it funny that you read me in the voice of an old man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!

    One of my favorites is www.dogsondrugs.com but also, there is this other one that is written by a crazy lady who rants about everything, I love her: http://thesuniverse.blogspot.com and in my humble opinion she always gets it right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got the good student happy vibe the first time I read his name too - although I hate that story, so then I felt slightly stabby, but now I'm okay again. I can't remember if I've seen you at Swistle (swistle.blogspot.com). She's all that and a day-glo hamster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't remember ever seeing you over at http://www.justmakingconvo.com, so I am recommending her to you. She is Canadian, but that is not her fault because she was born that way. #ladygaga

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this http://sixofthis.blogspot.com/ but she doesn't post *nearly* enough. Quick! Let's flood her site with comments encouraging more content.

    Congratulations on the award. And nice new layout btw. I need to keep up-to-date with the internet about 9000 times more than I currently do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new blog!!!!! It's awesome..like you.

    Oh I love so many blogs and you are the one who introduces me to them ...I can't send you anywhere that you don't already go my friend. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, most of the awesome blogs that I love are on your site leaving comments...which I guess makes you the epicentre of bloggers who make me laugh so hard that I pee myself. #congratulations

    ps I love what you've done with the place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am LOVING all your recommendations. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart awards. They make me feel just so darn good. So congrats! As for blogs that you don't already know, hmm...that may take a while. My sister? http://quarryheightsworkshop.blogspot.com/

    She totally gets Nathaniel Hawthorne, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually love the story "Young Goodman Brown" but I used to make my seniors re-write the ending...

    Like where Faith dumps that guy's ass. Oh yeah.

    Anyway, any friend of the devil - and all that.
    I will head to his site now.

    And I love a lot of blogs but off the top of my head I think you'd like http://madameparadox.com/ - Her humor is sharp and dry, she's s super-smart, dark, edgy, liberal, fiction-writer I haven't seen here.

    Most of my other favorites you already know - so.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally deserve it! Congrat's. Ummm, how about http://mommybags.blogspot.com/ she kills me on Friday's with her WTF Friday rants. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you already know all the blogs i love because you list them on your page... thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you comment, I get a lady boner.